The City of Meridian contracts solid waste collection to a private company. The present contract is with Southern Waste - Waste Pro Company. If you have a question about your service you may call Southern Waste at 601-483-9777 or the City at 601-485-1970. You may also report your problems electronically by utilizing the Trac EZ system by way of the links below. This system will respond to you by acknowledging your e-mail when action is taken.
"The Waste Professionals"
Garbage collection and rubbish/bulky waste pickup occurs on the same day once a week.
Recycling is picked up every other week on the same day as your other services.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE ON THE CURB BY 7 a.m. FOR PICKUP
City of Meridian
Solid Waste Regulations
- Each cart must be at curb by 7 a.m. and removed after collection.
- The following types of garbage will be picked up: normal household refuse, which shall include refuse from table and stove, small amounts of paper from kitchen and bathroom.
- All recycling will be collected curbside and shall be in the approved recycling bin provided and shall be placed within 5 feet of the curb or roadway by 7:00 AM for collection and removed after collection.
- Acceptable items: All forms of paper that have not touched food like newspaper, cardboard, magazines, and office paper, #1 and #2 plastic bottles without caps (look for the #1 and #2 symbol on the bottom of the bottle), aluminum cans-rinsed, tin cans-rinsed with no lids, glass bottles/jars-rinsed with no lids, corks, or rings.
Click here for a brochure of Acceptable items.
- Unacceptable items will not be picked up.
- Your rubbish/bulky waste should be placed curbside in a location unobstructed by overhead wires, water meters, mailboxes, and other items that could interfere with efficient collection efforts.
- Each container must be at curbside by 7 a.m., and not exceed 60 pounds in weight.
- Acceptable items: All vegetative matter resulting from residential yard and landscape maintenance to include tree and shrub trimmings, grass clippings, or small tree branches (not to exceed 8 inches in diameter per branch).
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
*If your collection day falls on one of the above holidays, your collection service will be rescheduled and a notice will be provided in the newspaper of the rescheduled day.
East Mississippi Electric Power Association
2128 Highway 39 North
24 Hour Account Information 1-800-513-8733
Mississippi Power Company
Customer Service 24 Hours
2401 11th Street
Power Outage/Trouble 24 Hours
Call Before You Dig
1701 6th Street
Emergencies & After Hours
Engineering & Construction
1701 6th Street
1702 6th Street
Comcast Cable of Mississippi
909 24th Avenue